The Village Sign

The village sign designed by local artist Mr Eric Bugg stands proudly on Hook Green. It was erected in 1998 to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of Meopham Historical Society and was presented to the Parish Council. It features a bishop’s mitre (representing Simon de Mepham), the Windmill, cricket stumps, bat and ball (symbolising the cricket played on the green since 1776), church and the “Tradescantia” plant.