SUPERNEIGHBOURS COMMUNITY SUPPORT HELPLINE DETAILS
Are you in need of help or are you able to volunteer to help residents in Meopham? During the coronavirus emergency, local residents in the Parish of Meopham are working together with Meopham Parish Council, Gravesham Borough Council and Adam Holloway MP to provide support to stay at home for older people, vulnerable people and all those who are self-isolating.
Please see flyer with further information on the help available. Please share this information.
You can call or text on 07908 155669 or email email@example.com
DO YOU NEED HELP WITH COLLECTIING A PRESCRIPTION?
WOULD YOU LIKE A FRIENDLY CHAT DURING LOCKDOWN?
LISTS OF AVAILABLE SERVICES DURING THE COVID-19 EMERGENCY
- A list has been collated of local food delivery services in the local area delivering to Meopham
- A list of hot or frozen meal delivery services
- A list of support services available in the local area
- A list of health professionals such as dentist, physio etc available locally
- A list of local trades people available locally for emergencies
The lists are not an endorsement by Meopham Parish Council
MAJOR LOCAL INITIATIVE FROM MP ADAM HOLLOWAY
We would also ask you to complete the Gravesham Community Support initiative launched this week by MP Adam Holloway as this is the best way of creating a database for Meopham for people who need help or can help. Details below:-
Please sign up now.
In conjunction with the leader of the Council, John Burden, we have created a new and major local resource called:
This is a database that will assist Gravesham residents during the weeks and months ahead. By entering your contact details we will be able to link you up with people in your local area, so that you can help and be helped. It will also be a highly effective means of you receiving information and advice from the Council and the Emergency Services. May I beg you to spend two minutes signing up, and ask you to share this and email the link to your friends and family in Gravesham. The coming weeks are going to be very rough for many people. Let’s create our own outbreak of Super Neighbourliness in the Borough.
Meopham Parish Council information
For safety measures due to the coronavirus the Parish Office is now closed. You can still contact the parish office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or please leave a message on 01474 813779 with your name and telephone number and a short message. Answerphone messages will be checked daily during working hours. (9am-12 midday)
Parish Council Meetings
All Parish Council meetings are cancelled until further notice. The Annual Parish Meeting, due to take place on 28th April 2020, has been cancelled and a new date will be set later in the year
Judson's Play area
Please note that due to Covid-19, the children's play equipment area is closed until further notice.
Allotments - Covid-19 emergency measures
The National Allotment Society has issued useful guidance on how to manage allotments in accordance with government regulations
Can you help local businesses in Meopham?
Below is a message from Meopham resident, Tim Smith, who has set up a Just Giving page to help local businesses in Meopham - 24 March 2020
Many local businesses and families are likely to be impacted financially by the Coronavirus outbreak and the lockdown. Today I am launching a fundraising initiative to help people in the parish of Meopham who experience financial hardship as a result and to help local businesses survive and continue to pay their staff.
My family and I live in Meopham and I work as a solicitor in the City. I am pulling together a group of 6 or 7 local people to draw up some rules for eligibility (in line with the aims above) and to oversee the distribution of the funds raised. Please support local families and businesses at this time and please share this with your local contacts. Together we will get through this!!
- Visit Gravesham Borough Council's website for the latest information on help, support and advice on Covid-19
- For the news on the coronavirus in Kent, visit the Kent County Council website
- From the Government's website, Coronavirus (Covid-19) What you need to do
- For the latest information on coronavirus, including the current situation in the UK, visit the NHS Website.
- For the latest Government support for businesses visit the government guidance to employers and businesses
- "Inside Track" is newsletter produced by Kent County Council which outlines some support and guidance for charities and business impacted by COVID-19
- Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19)
So what’s the emergency? - 'It'll never happen to me.'
That's what everyone thinks. Until it does.
No matter how careful you are, there are some things you can’t control. And any one of them could hit you and your family hard, damage your home severely, or seriously harm your business.
Yet it’s not hard to make sure you’re properly prepared for an emergency. The downloadable booklet below will tell you how - and how you can create your own household emergency plan.
What kind of things are we talking about? Take a look at the event headings in the contents page. They all occur more often than we’d like to think. But with the help of this booklet, you’ll be ready.